View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #4
MM
United_States
Re: Ellis' post about cover-up and Ueshiba

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Mark,

Well, I am not Ellis, but there is one book you have missed and the English translation has just been published. On pp. 93 - 100 of A Life in Aikido, Kisshomaru gives an account of Morihei Ueshiba's meeting and early training with Sokaku Takeda. Kisshomaru's book (originally published in Japanese in 1987) is one of the sources for the biography by John Stevens. Stevens has revised this book and given it a new title. This is Invincible Warrior and I have drawn your attention to this book before.

Best wishes,

PAG
Peter,

While the original book by Kisshomaru was published in Japan in 1987, other books published outside of Japan in that same time frame seemed to have had very different information.

I didn't include Steven's new book because it is outside the time frame for my posting about a supposed cover up. I haven't forgotten your post that pointed me towards the book, it's just that early 90s to present are quite a bit later than the 1980s era of books. Unless there are versions printed prior to those dates?

I haven't had time yet, but it'll be interesting to compare the early English books to the current round of English books for Ueshiba's printed history. It's on the list of things to do. Even my Japanese studies have slowed because of life intervening.

Thank you,
Mark