Thread: Wrist Exercises
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #33
mo30dc
United Kingdom
Thumbs up Re: Wrist Exercises

Quote:
Justin Smith wrote: View Post
In class we practiced a few wrist exercises prior to starting throwing and other techniques. I assume such wrist exercises are standard in an aikido cirriculum.

My question is, are there any other recommended wrist exercises, ones not done in an aikido class, that people practice that they've found useful?

Justin
hi justin, as i mentioned in my other reply, there are plenty of non aikido based drills you can do to strengthen you wrist including kettlebell and gripstik drills.

just make sure you warm up properly before using any of the above mentioned tools, espcially kettlebells as they are not for the faint hearted!

a good way to warm up is by wraping some light elastic around your wrists and then rotating them clockwise and anti-clockwise for a few seconds. when you then remove the elastic, the blood flow is restored quickly to the wrists and hands and should suffice as a good warm up.

By the way, if your still looking for the article on how to get started in wrist exercises, its been moved to http://www.wristexercisesblog.com

good luck