View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #17
ninjaqutie

Dojo: Searching for a new home
United_States
Re: Knees & Shoulder Pain

Alright everyone. I had my first appointment last night. He evaluated me and did some stretching, pulling, pushing, etc. Apparently, both of my shoulders have tendency to roll in and my pelvic area does too (which I found odd because I always thought I had open hips...haha). He spent about an hour doing things to me.

Apparently, my shoulder in particular is squished into my socket and it is also pushed forward/rotated in. Because of the placement, my scapula is sticking out and isn't allowing my joint to move properly. By the end of the treatment I could already feel a difference. He told me that was a mild session and that they will be progressively more difficult so he can actually begin to manipulate my muscles, fascia, bones, joints, etc. He told me that there will be times that I feel beat up the next day from what he does. I am a little sore today, but it is nothing to complain about really. All in all, I think I am taking a step in the right direction.

Oh, one more thing. He is taking an approach like Josh mentioned. He is saying that my body is like a spiral and there are several things that are causing my problems. He said he isn't sure what started this "spiraling" but he said he will work on my whole body, with extra emphasis on my right shoulder. He said that by working on any one given area, another may fix itself as a byproduct.

I can't wait to go back. Not a relaxing experience, but well worth it in my book.