Thread: Push Test 02
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:35 AM   #21
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Push Test 02

Quote:
Josh Phillipson wrote: View Post
Quote:
Anent:
...How does it help develop winding energy joining the two up and down and in and out.
Hi,
Now this questions completely stumps me.
May I ask you to ask more questions related to it?
Best,
Josh
Not that you asked me, but to point you to some non-proprietary sources of related information -- the physical term for this "winding energy" is the sense of controlling or unleashing "moment," in a spiral form -- or, more properly, a torquing shear strain.

The "intention" toward maintaining "contradictory forces" are subjective sense impressions of what, objectively speaking, is keeping a chain of bones in a supercritical alignment that holds compressive loads without any substantial leverage by reducing the instantaneous torquing shear at joints to zero and keeping it there (a load-dependent shape called a funicular ("cable-like") curve) -- which is the mechanical inverse of the first point -- and is how they are related.

Kokyu dosa training, for instance, is learning to maintain, to collapse and to manipulate these chains, remotely, in the upper body. The points of problem people are noting in their anatomy are unresolved shear strains at discontinuities (joints) being unconsciously countered with joint leverage and its associated counter-shear (very low, and progressively worsening mechanical advantage), instead of simply directly eliminating the misalignment of load causing the primary joint shear (very large and progressively increasing mechanical advantage).

They write books on this sort of mechanics -- with pictures, and a more generally accessible terminology. Training it is, well, training it, and take the flavor you like.

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/attach...3&d=1208097999

http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/attach...9&d=1215185239

Last edited by Erick Mead : 05-15-2009 at 09:49 AM.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.