View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 07:35 PM   #27
thisisnotreal

The same basic teaching

Hi Mike -
I have been thinking about somethings you said a while back.

You mention that you seek to understand (/manifest/etc.) the 'more refined levels' of this stuff. Would you agree then to...get *it*, it will be required to swap 'operating systems'. Is this not consistent with the method and formula of all the systems/religions which have ki-phenomena in it?
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...47302386&hl=en
For the record; i don't see the exchange as worthy. The cost is too high. Do you agree with any of this? Does it make any sense to a practical guy like you?

It occurs to me that one can only go so far in a certain mindset. i.e. I'm not talking simple ignorance of 'it' but a wholesale exchange of 'perspective'. I think the 'gate' is in viewing ki beyond the boundary of the skin... I say this because I can understand things somewhat in a physics sense .. but it goes highly 'nonlinear' somewhere. And i do not understand this gate between the two regimes. Mind you i admit that the 'body skills' are elusive enough; but i can 'understand' them. Having an eye here on the body breath, link between stretching and strength and the choice between the two, moving the 'pressure', anchoring to the Dan Tien, condensing..etc.. The other stuff is waay the f* beyond that. Way. This requires a shift in world view. Let us call it, an alchemical exchange. A deal. And that entails ...

Also; I have long been wondering about another thing you posted. About picking up a knife at it's edge with ki skills.
The best i can come up with is essentially letting the knife cut the tips but using ki to surge around it and seal the 'wound'. Hence the 'trick' Am I wrong?

Josh

Last edited by thisisnotreal : 05-06-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: spilling airer