View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 05:12 AM   #10
Kami
Dojo: ShinToKai DoJo of AiKiDo
Thumbs down DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASHITA

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Goldsbury
The present Doshu, is a member of one of the governing bodies of the Yoshinkai in Japan. Kisshomaru Ueshiba always kept a close friendship with Gozo Shioda, who supported the Aikikai in many ways immediately after the war. Kyoichi Inoue, the present Dojo-cho of the Yoshinkan Hombu, always attends the Aikikai's main events her
4. Finally, I would sound a note of caution. In principle, I think that cross-training and experiencing other ways of practising aikido is a very good thing. But I think it depends on the student (and to a lesser extent his/her instructor). It should not be done too early. At present it would be very unwise for some of my own beginning students here to train elsewhere yet, because they have not yet internalised the basic movements and principles I am teaching them.
Best regards to all,
KAMI : Thank you very much, Goldsbury Sama, for enlightening us with another very good post.
And, by the way, when shall we get the third part of your wonderful essay "TOUCHING THE ABSOLUTE"?
Best regards

"We are all teachers, and what we teach is what we need to learn, and so we teach it over and over again until we learn it".
Unknown author

Ubaldo Alcantara