View Single Post
Old 08-29-2000, 10:11 PM   #84
Magma
Ki Symbol

While I agree with Dan's fundamental point that we just need to train, and after that we should probably train, and then I was thinking maybe a bit more training... I disagree that discussions like this bear no weight. What we do on the training floor to train our minds and bodies does not preclude discussions about that training, nor does it end on the mat. In fact, on point discussions of issues raised in our training can greatly help the actual benefit we take from our physical workouts.

In other words, this is training, too.

Now, so that we don't drift into an off-topic jaunt which is a discussion about a discussion, let me offer two questions:

(1) So far, the only reason given by the men posting to this thread seems to be that they don't enjoy hurting women. Laudable. But has a woman ever asked you to go more lightly? Maybe, but...

Did she ask you because she was a woman?

(2) We all have the ability to completely thrash our uke because of the control that they surrender to us so that we might train better. That being said, has a man ever asked you to go more lightly? Maybe, but...

Did you apply that across the board to the rest of the sex?

That's just me thinkin'
M.

Tim
It's a sad irony: In U's satori, he forgot every technique he ever knew; since then, generations of doka have spent their whole careers trying to remember.