View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #52
wideawakedreamer

Dojo: Bu Yuu Kan dojo
Philippines
Re: Romantic Feelings for a Girl at the Dojo

What is this form of social anxiety, and how is this different from shyness? Or is social anxiety the new name for shyness?

I'm not trying to belittle you, merely trying to understand you better.

I used to be shy. I still am a little, but I have a lot more confidence now than when I was a teenager. Maybe you're the same as I was before and you'll eventually learn to deal in your own way.

Quote:
Anonymous User wrote: View Post
The truth is I have a form of social anxiety and find it hard to deal with certain social situations, especially in regards to dating or asking someone on a date.

Rambo, call me a 12 year old girl if you want. Judging someone because of a psychological issue they face in my opinion is on the same level as making fun of someone because they are in a wheel chair.

I didn't tick a box or elect to be the way I am. It is not easy to live a life of regret and loneliness, waking up each day wishing you could be like everybody else.

I'm not sure if anyone else can appreciate how hard it is for me to train with someone I have such strong feelings for and not be able to tell her how I feel, or know how she truly feels about me.