View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 PM   #17
Nick P.

Dojo: Sukagawa Aikido Club of Montreal
Re: Need Advice - Disruptive Student

Quote:
Szczepan Janczuk wrote: View Post
This topic is not about disruptive student - the topic's author has an issue with his own perception of an aikido instructor.
Anyone who teaches (not only aikido) knows that there are many different types of students, and it is a teacher job to deal with that. If he is not able to do that (i.e. use his authority) he should stop teaching. It is not for him. That is why I think my post will help him a lot. It may help him to (re)define himself - who is he.

And the set up of his dojo is completly sick. I bet it is in Californie.
Why then did the poster not ask "Help me define what it means to be a Sensei?" It seems that you have an issue with his role as the instructor and how he sees he should fill it.

Just like there are many types of students, there are many different types of teachers; to think otherwise would be so myopic as to border on the intellectually challenged, perhaps even stunted....which is neither unique to the West or East coast, indeed even to this continent.

Saying it is sick, well, that simply holds true to your pattern of posts, and is insulting and demeaning....not just to the original poster.

Last edited by Nick P. : 01-27-2009 at 12:58 PM.