View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 PM   #209
GeneC
United_States
Re: Ki, Chi, and "Energy"

Quote:
David Henderson wrote: View Post
Gene,

If you'll allow, may I ask you a question?

Does the idea of a bursting seed illustrate something essential to your idea of "ki"?

For me, the creative potential of life is a powerful idea. Since you mentioned it earlier, I'd respectfully invite you to add to your comment. The concept of "ki" is, after all, an issue that interested you enough to start a conversation.
Yes, to me, Ki is one of the most wonderful things in the Universe, that a human being can experience, while alive. Ki is the opportunity to 'tap' (for lack of a better word) into the "energy spectrum" in the Universe and channel it out of your own body with the power akin to that of a bursting seed (or the energy released in a popcorn, etc), but the relevancy you're asking about is the mystery as to where the energy comes from, like that of a newborn baby's first breath. AFA I know, my sig tells me where and when, now just need to learn the how.

I'm really having a hard time accepting the 'oscillating' theory explaining Ki, IMO, as it explains the energy transfer of a Slinky more than anything else.

Only between a single breath is Yin/Yang in harmony
Emotion is pure energy flowing feely thru the body-Dan Millman