View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 11:06 AM   #547
Ron Tisdale
Dojo: Doshinkan dojo in Roxborough, Pa
United_States
Re: The continued Evolution of Aikido

Quote:
Clarence Couch wrote: View Post
Yes , that is exactly the words that I get my whole belief and position here in this thread. Ok, Osensei saying, ' this is not my Aikido" means to me that it belongs to the world (unless he meant, This is not my Aikido, THAT is, but still keep it secret) and I believe that's what he meant by that and apparently that's how Kissomaru took it and I expect that Osensei meant for him to and even TOLD him to. Also, the fact that Osensei had several Dojos in Tokyo, instead of of a secret ONE meant that he wanted to expand Aikido.
Uh, you just re-invented a whole period of history.

If you read the accounts of that statement being made, the man was furious for what they were doing to "his" aikido.

Not that it wasn't *his* aikido, but the world's. Yikes.

I suggest you suffer through reading the things I mentioned earlier, along with the articles at www.aikidojournal.com, because your lack of information is rather telling. Just my opinion...you may of course believe anything you want, up to and including that the world is flat. But I don't think you'll get many takers.

Quote:
Also I agree that it's OK to have differing opinions and the key is to still get along.
Agreed.

Best,
Ron

Ron Tisdale
-----------------------
"The higher a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind."
St. Bonaventure (ca. 1221-1274)