Re: 100 Things To Tell A New Aikido Student
34. Well, if you could do it perfectly, you wouldn't have to be here training, would you?
35. The right way to do it may not feel like the right way at first.
36. Stop discussing, adjusting, and preparing - just do the technique!
37. This isn't knitting class.
38. When your partner reaches to grab your wrist, don't stand there with your hand out like he's your girlfriend (or boyfriend, whatever).
39. When you tell yourself you can't do the technique or it is difficult to do, you are guaranteeing that it will be.
40. A tension-filled body is often the result of a tension-filled mind.