View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM   #138
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: How Long and In What Manner to Great Mastery?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
Interesting interpretation of what I said.
If you can do express internapower and internal skills, you would find not trouble with the idea of discussing "internal skills" as a martially viable set of skills without waza. Moreover that were a person to have them in a significant and measurable way...then another just using aikido waza, done without these skills doesn't stand a chance.
Your "feelings" about it wouldn't enter into it or be relevant to the discussion either way. And no where was "kicking someone's butt" a talking point. Why would anyone want to do that? Neutralizing and stopping them cold was. That is a physical debate not a fight. We do it all the time without anger or prejudice.
Is this a discussion about Mastery or Internal Power? Is the only form of "Great Mastery" Aiki as expressed by some of it's proponents here?

I don't think so...

By the way Dan with all due respect. You're not the only one I am referring to in fact my reference is not limited to just those on the IMA side of the "debate" but Aikidoka as well. Perhaps I was not specific enough for you.

William Hazen