View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 10:38 PM   #63
gdandscompserv

United_States
Re: How Long and In What Manner to Great Mastery?

I don't see the worry. If I don't know how to do something, you're sure as hell not going to have to worry about me attempting to teach it.
Aikido as I was taught, didn't include very much weapon's work. Consequently I do not attempt to teach that aspect of the art. Besides, I'm inclined to believe Dan when he says he sees very little good weapon work from aikidoka.
I know very little about internal stuffs (thanks phi ), consequently you aint gonna catch me attempting to teach them. I guess what I'm sayin is that worrying about posers teaching internal stuffs seems a little paranoid to me. I pretty much teach nothing but basics. As I see it, I can spend a lifetime just perfecting basic aikido and be very happy with it. Of course, now I want to spend another lifetime learning internal stuffs but you aint gonna catch me trying to teach something I don't know.
Of course, the more I know, the less I know. Sometimes I wonder if I have any business teaching anything at all. I do however love training and since I'm the only one in town, I do what I can.
Besides, if you internal guys would just get out and teach more of us, there would be less posers around to worry about.