View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #33
DH
United_States
Re: The "real" techniques not taught to everyone?

Quote:
IMO, you would almost have to work with other Daito ryu groups to see exactly what they can do. If not, then you only have your own school to judge by.
I think you would have to do more than that. I think you have to feel their head teachers. So go do so. If you ask around you are going to be able to talk with guys you know -try right here-some of significant rank if that matters to you, who have trained with some, and others all of the top dogs in all the branches of DR, and you will hear some interesting stories.

Interestingly enough they're like aikido in that they are on a self admitted looong training curve to get what they call "high level skills" that take a long time to get.
So, go test their highest level guys, see just what they can deliver- and if your interested in that stuff-ask yourself if what you felt-is worth the trip.
Come back and share your experiences like other folks have about Howard.
In the end, I don't think you're going to find anything at all to make you change or alter what you are doing in anyway, but the only way to really know...is to go.

Last edited by DH : 09-16-2008 at 10:47 PM.