View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: Yin-Yang

Quote:
Joyce Lunas wrote: View Post
Hi all.

Thus, I share silently with you both my sadness and my joy today. And i say that this odd mixture of words that consists this message is my truth, my love, and a small tribute to my late, loving mother.

God bless. Be well.
Joyce
Joyce,

When the funeral was over it was just me and the old couple. They sat across the couch from me smiling from ear to ear. I was tired and wanted only to sleep.

They weren't even blood family but they had stayed to comfort me. I thought to myself, why are you smiling? Why do they seem so happy? They had been my mother's closest friends.

Suddenly, Aunty Nene and Uncle Mike blurted out, "Now, you are free. Now, you no longer have to worry about taking care of her. Now, you can get on with your life.

My mother had had a long 15 year illness. I had always lived with the fear that she would die on me. I have often that about Aunty Nene and Uncle Mike's words. My mother had given me a last gift. It was the gift of freedom to do what we must all do...lead our lives.

Aunty Nene is now in a home with alzeimers and Uncle Mike passed many years ago. I am now married to a wonderful woman and I worry if I will live long enough to ensure their transition from childhood to adulthood. But, I am very very happy.

Joyce, you will think of your mother every day. For a while the pain will be unbearable. But, one day you will get up from your bed and the pain will be gone. You will be busy, going on and leading your life. You will be free.

Best,
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola