View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 05:15 PM   #46
les paul
Atemi Waza!

Chadsinger wrote:

Firstly, I don't mean to offend anyone. My intention is not to preach or talk down to anyone. The purpose of my posts are simply to advise those just begining their martial arts journey, those who are dissatisfied with or just looking for more from their training, or those who simply are getting on in years and are looking for a way to make those old techniques still work now that the body is not so willing.

End quote:

I have to come down on the side of Greg Jennings and Misogi-no-Gyo. Real powerfull Atemi waza is a major part of Aikido. Many techniques simply do not work without it.

Reading your posts, Chad, I get the sense your not comfortable with what Aikido actually is. Are you searching for others of like mind? Or expressing what you think Aikido is? Few exsist on this forum that think like you, but they are out there.

To you chad and others who think like you.

It is well written that O-sensei stated many times that Aikido was budo. The last time I checked, one of the principles of Budo was truth.

I don't see much truth in your views on Aikido, considering your outlook on Atemi waza.

I've got to ask "Do you do Randori?"

If yes, then how without real Atemi waza?

Budo is Budo nothing more..... nothing less......

Paul Calugaru
Michigan