View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:56 PM   #26
Connor Haberland

Dojo: Chishinkan Dojo Of Yoshinkan Aikido(USA Martial Arts Center)
United_States
Re: Does aikido work against dogs?

Quote:
Ricky Wood wrote: View Post

Not running is good except not "running" would mean I would not make it to work. Not an option. Did consider stopping and placing the bike between the beasts and I while spraying with ammonia but decided to ride on.
LOL. Use your bike as cover, and lay on suppressive fire with the ammonia.

I had a similar run in about two years back. I missed the bus to school, so my mom was going to drive me. I was walking up the steps to the van, and I hear barking. "Oh Crap." Next thing I know, Im running. The neighbor came out and called him off. The Funny thing was, My sister(rides the same bus) jumped in the Van and closed the door(that was an Oh crap moment too). No wonder I was running. I was thinking about it all day, and when I got home, my Dad told me not to run. Just stay Still. My natural reaction was to run. That's all that was on my mind. RUN. At least I left without a scratch. I think running from the dog prolonged the situation long enough for the owner to realize what was going on(Oh Yeah, they were outside at the time).

You're not the only one Rick. I realized I could've used my backpack to keep it at bay.

Connor

Connor Haberland, 1st dan.

コナーヘバーランド