Character matters in a lot of the things you do.
Some aspects can be observed through someones technique at testing time, but unfortunately not all aspects!
Somethings to think about when looking at none technical aspects of aikido and training: How to see in a test whether
- Someone is always too late at lessons?
- Someone always leaves as soon as the dojo has to be cleaned?
- Someone doesnt help taking care of other things in the dojo?
- Someone abuses beginners?
- Someone refuses to train with beginners?
- Someone shows no understanding of responsibility?
- Someone always questions reigi and always comes with excuses not to apply them to normal lessons?
Just some thoughts.