View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
Timothy WK
United_States
Re: Ode to be a Mystic...

Quote:
Kevin Hagens wrote: View Post
I stumbled across a thread on another forum regarding something called "Kuji-in" (www.kujiin.com)....

The author claims esoteric skills associated with Taoist, Taiji, Ninjitsu, Bhuddist and even Kabbalic mysticism.
Errr... personally, I see a number of red flags going up. To begin with, it's a *real* bad sign when someone starts claiming to be "enlightened" or a spiritual "master", as the website does repeatedly. Those people are just full of themselves.

The emphasis on spiritual techniques is also questionable. True mysticism is about the inward state, not outward actions. Outward techniques, while important, should only be a vehicle for obtaining the inward feeling. The fact that the website doesn't talk about the inward state/feeling *at all* is a bad sign.

The ever-present ads and/or referencing of products for sale is also very off-putting. The whole website just looks like one big commercial. Real bad for a supposedly "spiritual" website.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Fred Little, who obviously knows something about the person in question. I suspected as much, but didn't have any evidence to back up such thoughts.

Last edited by Timothy WK : 07-23-2008 at 07:47 AM.

--Timothy Kleinert