Well actually it was a given that it was a goof till others said yeah...he does train that way too. By and large the discussion was more that that type of training we have all seen before is empty. Shaun chose to defend it as relevant.
There is nothing personal here.
Pardon me, but I did no such thing. There are people in this thread who without any direct experience of anything even remotely close to what is happening in that video have decided that
- They know for sure what is going on there.
- They can lessen or even eliminate the value of it
- Point at others who may be seeking something very relevant and say they are wasting there time doing so.
I did not defend the "something" that you have dismissed. I pointed out that there may be "something" there that you
- Have yet to feel
- May have felt, but have yet to understand
- May understand, but have yet to accomplish
- May have accomplished, but have yet to master
Pointing out something that may, in fact be true is not defending some irrelevant sensitivity-based ukemi drills, far from it in fact.
By the way, I did not take your post personal at all, I think this is a very relevant discussion and being held at a fairly high level of respect in discourse.