View Single Post
Old 06-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #105
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: Aikido™ and Aiki…do. Where are we at?

Quote:
Dan Harden wrote: View Post
William
I don’t know of anyone in California training this way. I know of one teacher who possesses some real skills, but I watched him “not teach” whole rooms full of people dozens of times. His students clearly express his ‘not teaching” teaching. Most of whom probably are convinced they ‘got it” too.
Thank you for answering my question in general. It only took a half dozen requests or so. Of course in keeping with your current meme mentioning a teacher by name is not your style.

Quote:
In keeping within the goals of the thread-why not ask the many who have gone to test those who train this way?
I have thank you.
Quote:
I see no value in giving details-which are usually debated ad nauseum and are just more grist for the mill, when I see dozens of people here already bearing witness to the fact that while they thought they "got it" from aikido-and could do these things or have them in their version of Aikido™, just like you do-they didn't.
With very few exceptions-all I have met have thought they were doing these things too and then had to retract that statement. None, meaning no...one had anything even remotely resembling these levels of skills. Further they have openly stated while they felt things like it from their own teachers they remain convinced their own teachers would never stand a chance against the level of skill tested against the developed skills they felt from us amateurs. So why the debate and rehashing of requests and descriptions? For what purpose? It’s just more of the same to me. Give it a rest.
In light of all the conversations and witness accounts, going back to debating Rob, Mike or me, and asking for more descriptions and details, while also claiming you do them in your dojos is starting to sound rather silly-even desperate.
Again (ad infinitum) I don't doubt your skills just your assumptions. Though your skills are rare and the training maybe revolutionary in nature ( by the way is someone getting back to getting back to Chris Li's point about dilution in Daito Ryu?) There are some in Aikido who exhibit that kind of "power" You may think because I have not experianced you personally or those who post here with those skills That I have not experianced them at all. With your habit of not citing facts or naming names regarding your own experiance I will just have to take you at your word and ignore that fact that this is the web and it may require more than just ones opinion however valid that opinion maybe.

Quote:
Now two years out and with hands on instruction and much detailed teaching those who have started to train this way are just starting to see changes in their bodies and practice. Continue monitoring and asking them, as I had hoped you would be doing in this thread. In the near future try to go learn from them. You will be behind and probably kicking yourself for not getting out earlier, but at least start! These people are going to become a new force in the arts.
Thanks..I plan on doing so. Folks like Nathan Scott, Obata Shihan, James Williams and Yoshida Shihan are all availible to me. There are some DR teachers in LA who may be good, and on the Chinese side this being LA I am sure that Mike may know of a few Chinese IMA folks too...

Folks like you just simply need to post names and thier expert opinions on skillsets of these teachers. I have only been asking you directly for over a year now.

I have meet quite a few people here and showing up or having visitors teach a class or keeping an open mind is not a problem. Our Aikido encourages 'crossbreeding" and we have experianced quite a bit over the years It also give us a chance to show what our Aikido is all about too.

Namaste'

William Hazen