View Single Post
Old 06-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #37
Carl Thompson

Japan
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 7

Quote:
Peter A Goldsbury wrote: View Post
Hiroshima is quite a long way from Tokyo and I do not attend the All-Japan Aikido Demonstration very often. When I saw Mitsuteru Ueshiba at the demonstration, he was a high school student and his father was still alive.
Good morning Professor

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'm a lot newer to Japan than your good self, so by "recent all-Japan Aikido demonstration," I assumed you meant the one last month, not one some years ago. Sorry to pick apart your words, but if Mitsuteru sensei was a high school kid when he first took part, it would have been almost ten years previous (he is in his later twenties now). I realise you meant his grandfather was alive at the time. Also, regarding this appearance, it seems to me that appearing as a high school kid, as a student, without a hakama in a group demo is not an official debut. This year, appearing on the centre mats in a kojin embu, had more of that tone (although he may have appeared alone in previous demonstrations for all I know).

By the way, having read many of your posts here on Aikiweb, I was curious to see if you would make an appearance in one of the Hiroshima Embus at the All Japan this year.

Carl