Old 06-20-2008, 09:42 AM   #71
Enrique Antonio Reyes
Dojo: Yuugou Aikido Kaisho
Philippines
Lightbulb Re: Tracing my Philippine Aikikai Roots

Quote:
Arnold Mina wrote: View Post
Quote:

"Yep, I also heard about arnold's comments. I personally saw the dismay of camar sensei when he got wind of it."

Hi Arnold, if you read closely and trace the previous statements I was referring to your statement about the blackbelts who used to demonstrate for takemusu. Nothing about you questioning the rank of Sensei Camar. Bandmate! Classmate! Aikimate! regards kay Sensei Matsuoka...

Hi Sensei Iking,

Rei! Just to be clear, I profoundly respect Sensei Omar. It was never my intention to disparage or blacken his reputation and I apologize if my comments two years ago rubbed him the wrong way. I was merely expressing my personal opinion that had he continued affiliating with the Aikikai governing body, we would not have these Hombu-snobs questioning the legitimacy of our Aikido.

Pare ko, in a way I share your sentiments. I agree with you. Again, my quoted statement above refers to another topic and is not about you : )

With regard to the 8th dan issue, my point was that he should have been more forthcoming as to the granting body. Would you put MBA on your letterhead if you didn't go to B school? I hope you get my drift.

It is encouraged now to put the school after your title
like...

Enrique Antonio B. Reyes, DBA (DLSU, Phils.) something like that masyado lang mahaba...

To reiterate, I meant no disrespect. I even uke'd for him on hard pavement lots of times because I believe in his Aikido. Lastly, I respect you too, Sensei Iking, because you introduced me to the art. Peace to all.

My respects to you as well...again...the quote refers to another topic and not about you questioning the rank of Sensei Camar.

Best regards,

"arnold" (in lower case)
Pare ko there is a grave miscommunication between us. Please see the comments I typed in bold letters