View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:21 AM   #70
lbb
United_States
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned: Threads About Women In Aikido

Quote:
Keith Larman wrote: View Post
So... All that said... I imagine there are lots of people just like me -- male and female both. They do aikido because it is what they do. No real profound reason, no pressing, critical force that insists they do it. I certainly enjoy my training. And I get antsy when I miss training. And I have the great benefit of training in the dojo 3 times a week and often spend time doing solo stuff the other days (the benefit of being self-employed, working at home, and needing to take breaks periodically -- I get to work on kengi, jogi, aikitaiso, etc.)

Sometimes I think people think too much, look too deep, and try to find reasons when in fact it is just what it is. Kinda like that great zen quote... ""Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai". Sometimes the reasons are no deeper than that...
That would about spell it out for me, too. I don't come to the dojo, either on a given day or in the more general sense, with a laundry list. I've been a list-maker for much of my life, and I've found that it doesn't serve me well for many things. A list is a set of expectations, and expectations can limit our appreciation for what is and our perception of possibilities.