View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 06:06 AM   #69
lbb
United_States
Re: Hell Hath No Fury Like A Woman Scorned: Threads About Women In Aikido

Quote:
Philip Burgess wrote: View Post
I am getting aggressive replies because those individuals are doing so is because they choose too. Anything short of saying all women are victimized by oppressing all men who are insensitive evil sexist monsters with equally sized egos will get negative response from these individuals. If you don't agree with them, you are the enemy.
Once again -- no, make that for the third time, at the very least -- you are presuming to speak for me. I'd really like it if you'd stop doing that. I'd also like it if you'd stop complaining about being "attacked" when I simply ask that you speak for yourself and not for me. You've accused me and others of coming out with guns blazing; sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, here. Would you like me to go back and list everything you've said about me in this thread, together with the entire text that I've posted to date? Then we can discuss whether there's any grounds to accusations such as my "want[ing] to sabotage the friendship and dampen the understanding that does happen between women and men in aikido." (emphasis mine)