View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 01:19 AM   #17
Bronson

Dojo: Seiwa Dojo and Southside Dojo
Re: Japanese Aikido Prayer at beginning of class

Quote:
Dalen Johnson wrote: View Post
Again, I would assume that someone would give me a list of requirements for testing, etc.
Why on Earth would you assume that? Perhaps your instructor is assuming you'll find a way to ask for the info.

Quote:
As mentioned, no one did and I saw a senior student with the testing requirements and asked him for a copy.
As he probably asked for his copy.

Quote:
These testing requirements did not have all the info on it...i.e, the Japanese I need to know for my test...it just says I need to know it. (Some Japanese is there, but other bits appear to be missing.)
The perfect opportunity to ask.

Quote:
One would have thought that it would be organized such, that all the information would be given, at some point.
In our dojo test infomation is freely available but rarely is it given. The student usually has to ask to see it and can then make a hand written copy of the material.

Bronson

"A pacifist is not really a pacifist if he is unable to make a choice between violence and non-violence. A true pacifist is able to kill or maim in the blink of an eye, but at the moment of impending destruction of the enemy he chooses non-violence."