View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #325
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
England
Re: You might be an Aikido addict if ....

Your Open University Tutor group that you only talk to online ask you about how training is going.

In your bosses work diary grading days are all marked in. And she knows not only what night each class is but the times and location. I am sure there is a course guide at work to.

The first person whom has read any of my fiction writing, outside of uni and my mam was my Sensei. And it was about aikido!

The same story was enetered into a local contest. I was featured in the paper, contacting the paper to do a press interview for the other work much later and the reporter called me the aikido girl.

You end up being roped in to demonste aikido to your boss for someone coming in for an interview. For something entirely unrelated to aikido. He was a former dojo member. He got the job.

On a works night out to the bowling alley you end up getting into a conversation with the manager about aikido. May have had something to do with the fact I temporarily broke the lane with a bowling ball. My workmates told the staff that "She does that with people to."