View Single Post
Old 05-14-2008, 04:06 AM   #9
dalen7

Dojo: Karcag Aikido Club
Hungary
Re: Making Kote Gaeshi Work - With Resistance

Quote:
William Hazen wrote: View Post
Well I found this You Tube video of Shioda Shihan and he shows the internal power of Aikido very well, and notice how he uses Uke's elbow pressure points as "tools" LOL

Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIowy...eature=related

Now I am really going back to bed. LOL

William Hazen
My only question about elbow pressure is that wouldnt this be only for ura? Your really couldnt do it in omote could you?

You have some things for me to think about for sure, thanks.
I need to go check out the videos...they will probably answer some of my questions.

Peace

dAlen

- I re-read your post...and got where your coming from.
So basically your grabbing up by the elbow with one hand - pushing down and towards yourself - and then you begin to crank the wrist, and as you do you slide the hand upward?

I suppose on ura, there could be a way to lock the elbow as you are turning around...seems I recall months ago a 3rd kyu showing me this...I could never get the lock to work. (Im just now getting the locks and twist in shihonage to work. (well, I had a 5 months break, and we practice twice a weak, not always covering the same thing...so it takes longer to get past just the 'normal' movements of say shionage, to see what could make it work...but as soon as I say that, something will come along like with what happened with kotegaeshi here, which will challenge me again...arggghhh. :lol:

Peace

dAlen

Last edited by dalen7 : 05-14-2008 at 04:20 AM.