View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 04:42 PM   #216
Keith Larman
Dojo: AIA, Los Angeles, CA
United_States
Re: Very Disturbing news about Clint George

Corky, I must admit that I find your comments extremely difficult to swallow. To twist the words of O-sensei into arguing that the act of forgiving the sexual abuse of a child is somehow a noble thing is beyond me. He didn't just write "take one step aside" but "take one step aside and cut them down at the speed of light. (grossly translated, but you get the idea)

And combining that twisted argument with your earlier comments such as this being only a crime of "love" and "misplaced love"... Well in combination I think it shows a truly profound lack of understanding as to the nature of such crimes. And this is very disturbing to me to say the very least.

Obviously I'm not as evolved a human as you for I cannot for the life of me see how anything you wrote is anything more than empty pontification and self-aggrandizing posturing at the expense of a truly horrible situation.

I think Dewey nailed it in his comments above.

For my part I'm working on researching the topic more in order to put together a class for our kids and their parents to present these issues (with parental consent of course). And also to help formulate some ideas as to how we might even want to change some of our practices in the dojo to ensure a safe, enriching environment for all our students, especially our kids. All the time spent getting annoyed on-line is time I'm not spending trying to make sure it doesn't happen in my world. So I'm bowing out of this conversation while my blood pressure is still manageable.