View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
tuturuhan
United_States
Re: Man and Woman, Push Hands

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
Those appear to be tapes of Kali or one of the Malay/Indonesian/Philippine offshoots of southern Shaolin (which of course have varying emphases on 'sticking' in their own way). I was referring to the breaks in the push-hands video you showed, since you were apparently using the tape as an expositive example. Oh, I am just a simple beginner, but I'm not sure what that has to do with the questions. I was just commenting on the things you publicly posted.

Regards,

Mike Sigman
Mike,

Layers within layers. You can't see the tai chi chuan. You are only looking at the outside, my name, my ethnicity and the stick. You see Pilipino and make assumptions. You don't believe that I have studied chinese martial arts for over 35 years.

You aren't looking for the connection, "how the sticking is applied to the self defense technique.

What if I told you I was chinese? Would that change your prejudice? I put these tapes up to challenge your beliefs, to challenge the utility of your method. If you can point out the falsity of the technique, I will value your comments.

Sincerely
Joseph T. Oliva Arriola

Joseph T. Oliva Arriola