View Single Post
Old 05-09-2002, 09:16 PM   #8
PeterR

Dojo: Shodokan Honbu (Osaka)
Japan
Quote:
Originally posted by scottiedavies
The content of the post was related to a bokken. I thought that this was a weapon. Therefore i started a thread in the weapons section. Was this wrong? I thought that it was related to weapons.
I was referring to your thread title (subject). The best place to post a question of bokken was the weapons section but no matter what your post is about choose an appropriate title.
Quote:
I was unaware that it would be posted on the home page three times. For that i am sorry. I am a new user and did not realise this would happen.
Mistakes happen - usually a good idea to lurk a little before diving into internet forums. Like everything in life - there are lots of unspoken rules.

As for the bokken - are you a member of an Aikido club which uses a bokken in practice? Speed comes from practice of correct technique - usually with the realization that you are dealing with a cutting sword rather than a club. Correct technique, be it bokken or Aikido, is not something that can be easily described on a forum. Your teacher should be able to answer the question far easier.

Peter Rehse Shodokan Aikido