View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #86
Mike Sigman
United_States
Re: Workshop with Mike Sigman on Ki in Aikido

Quote:
Mike Haft wrote: View Post
Yes, thats been my position. Your response to me saying that has almost always been to lump me into a category of people who say they do these things but don't actually do them.
Or do them at some ho-hum level. Don't forget that you've also spent a fair amount of time disparaging others, on top of giving an impression of what you can do. There's no free pass on that.
Quote:
In this case however, I am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts on say, funakogi undo, the first exercise demonstrated by Tohei Sensei in that clip after the wrist exercises (IIRC that is). I figure you've been doing this stuff longer than me and even though you're primarily a CMA guy and so there are some differences between ki-aikido and what you do, it'd be interesting.
Undoubtedly there are differences. My thought is that by telling people (and showing them) the core skills, it's fairly easy to custom-build the content of any good taiso with kokyu and ki content. Probably within the next 6 months or so, you'll see more and more Aikidoists posting who are moving ahead with these things and who can probably post with a fresher perspective than I've got. These are interesting times to watch.

Regards,

Mike Sigman