View Single Post
Old 05-01-2002, 04:07 AM   #31
Edward
Thailand
Jonathan, I will only answer your first question since I consider that the rest is about stating your opinion about the subject.

I have had the great privilege to personally meet with 2 of the Uchi Deshi of Osensei and listen to their stories, as well as many first hand information from direct students of the above shihans. Moreover, our dojo receives the visit of high ranking teachers quite often and I also like to listen to what they say. That's all.

The ritual Nikkyo has been related to me by one of the victims, so to speak (a 4th dan aikikai). He holds no grudge against his teacher, in the countrary, he's very proud of the enormous wrists he developed from this punishment.(There is no way you can have a grip at this guy wrist in katatetori!)

I would like to add something quite important: Probably you wonder how come this generation of shihans is so gifted and powerful in aikido, and you wonder how come the younger generation of teachers does not show the same genius. The answer is that the formidable training these guys received under Osensei and others is no more acceptable nowadays and is called abusive, illegal, criminal...etc. Yes, I do think the new generation is wimpy, to use your words. Myself included, of course...

Last edited by Edward : 05-01-2002 at 04:12 AM.