Thread: Chinkon Kishin
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #9
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Transmission, Inheritance, Emulation 5

Quote:
Fred Little wrote: View Post
While it is a useful resource, some cautions should be noted ... [and] some other comparisons that should be made as well... ... problems of appropriate introduction to/initiation in/ritual binding of these practices that go to the pragmatic points
Actually the text was intended to be a jumping off point. I don't think that furitama, ten/chi no kokyu exercises can be usefully written down so as to be comprehensible unless you have already done them.

My point was to elicit discussion of actual practices of or in relation to the things gnerally described, which was why I synopsized the points and specifically the seemingly similar elements to our established practices. (Note: I did not address and have never done much of what is described from item 10 on.)

My question, directed more generally, is what of these, or things like these, are those here actually doing, or not, and why or why not ( i.e. how did you come to do them) and how do they differ from what IS described or what those here who respond may also describe, if they do?

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.