View Single Post
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #28
kironin

Dojo: Houston Ki Aikido
United_States
Re: Is Aikido effective for police?

Quote:
Chris Parkerson wrote: View Post
In the early 1990's Hal von Luebbert developed the 21 Grip system for suppressing attacks. The system is pure Genius. Hal was a military tactics expert and applied "suppression" rather than "attrition" to police Defensive Tactics simply because suppression has a better combat efficiency value.. He was also interested in helping police find humanitarian ways of dealing with resistance. Hal was also an aau state wrestling and Judo champion, an Olympic judo coach with 3 national championships under his belt. He was also belted in Jodo and Aikido.

The system did not go far as it took about 3-5 weeks to train in for proficiency. I was given permission to post portions of Hal's system on U-tube. I hope to do it this week.
That would be interesting. I can't find any references to it other than this on the web. There are police that do train. Some have been in my classes and trained for months or years. Clearly, those that do have the inclination to train, something that takes only 3-5 weeks to train proficiency in is nothing in terms of time commitment.