View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 06:02 AM   #107
BK Barker
United_States
Re: I'm Leaving Aikido

You know I am a lowly yellow belt and can't hold a candle to many that post on this site but I am also a straight forward, honest, to the point practical guy. I have seen many posts in this thread that I agree with but for the life of me I can not think of any reason for a post like this only to serve malice and try to smear something/someone. If someone wants to leave something whether it be a job, a town, or a martial art they are an adult it is thier choice they can move on with their own agenda so if they offer it shake their hand and wish them luck and thank them then just let them go on their way.

As Lynn Seiser stated on the first page....

Quote:
Then I bow back with a smile
as you bow politely
and leave the dojo.
I also believe this is one of the bests post's I've seen on this topic made by Gregg Block
Quote:
I guess if I started with Aikido I might have felt as you do. Your a young man you should probrably venture elsewhere, who knows you may find yourself returning at a later time. Aikido will still be here and we will welcome your return.. Good luck
As for the originator of this thread I will say... thanks for your time and I hope you can find what you are looking for and have a safe journey... Good luck.

BK