after training (small class, 3 of the 5 of us being pretty high ranking) today I was thinking about how much fun it was training with those super experienced sempai. Just 3 questions for y'all:
1. what do you find usefull about training with "noobs"?
2. what do you find most useful about training with "very" experienced sempai?
3. Do you have a preference between the two and why?
Take care, everyone (and happy new year..even if it's several days late),
1. With "noobs" it is fun to train,since their reactions are natural and thus often surprising and unpredictable, unlike the typical trained reaction, "noobs" react in many strange ways. Including improbable resistence.
Some "noobs" must feel each echnique is real, and insist on feeling it fully. While many slightly more experianced people, have learned their lessons of pain, and give in too soon.
2. My Sempai are more sensitive and advanced then me (P.S. I practice for ~17 yrs by now, only a couple of sempai left for my sorrow, but the same is true for a few other B.B. who are around my level, and some of which have practiced other M.A. at high level too). Thus I can learn of my openings and of pointers to improve. I also work on improving the power of my techniques (utilizeng the "same technique" on a beginner is at time too dangerous and one must hold back).
It is also possible to take advantage of the sempai improved control to examine more chalenging situations (multiple attacks with resistence) in a controled and gradual way.
3. Who do I like best. Each has its own benefits. At times I like the more advanced stuff. Which is also humbling seing I still have lots to learn.
At times I feel like putting an hand with the beginners, and see if I can get a sense of their actions.