Re: Aikido goals
Great thread! As a beginner, I appreciate the opportunity to really clarify my thinking here.
My goals for 2008, in no particular order, are to:
* Relax my shoulders, arms, elbows when throwing and being thrown;
* Improve my strength and endurance with some conditioning;
* Try not to get frustrated when it seems like I'm not picking up a technique or when I'm tired;
* Focus on my observation skills. Get better at observing a technique and learning it from the observation;
* Be more decisive/assertive when training.
* Talk less on the mat;
* Learn more vocabulary
* Test for rank at least once.
Those are the main ones, I think.
I'd love to see others at all different skill levels weigh in.