View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 05:49 PM   #42
Aikibu
Dojo: West Wind Dojo Santa Monica California
United_States
Re: I'm Leaving Aikido

Quote:
Michael Fooks wrote: View Post
My point was very simple. Dan hasn't talked at all as far as I can see about how Aikido is trained in his club. All he's said is that he hasn't found it useful for him. His dojo is also public record as it's part of his profile.

So what you've done is effectively publically called the Luton Aikido Club a mcdojo where the senior grades are diluting the art based on the fact one particular student, with no more than 2 years training hasn't been using it in bouncing work.

If it were me I would want more evidence before pointing a finger at a particular school and calling it McDojo....
Please carefully reread my post and Dan's and pay particular attention to the phrase "sounds like." Niether Dan or I mentioned the Dojo by name. I also "publically stated" that I might be wrong.

If you feel the need to get all hot and bothered over that Well then... Remind me to limit the number of drinks I buy you at the pub. It sounds like you may be the kind of bloke that attracts all sorts of undue attention to yourself.

Now back to your 90% comment... Unless you want to continue to obfuscate it with another attempt to raise additional straw man arguments.

Respectfully,

William Hazen