View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
Pierre Kewcharoen

Dojo: Aikido at NJIT
United_States
Re: Would you teach this knife technique?

Quote:
Graham Old wrote: View Post
Having experienced only Ki Aikido, I went to watch another style of Aikido last night and was surprised at some techniques I saw.

The Sensei was demonstrating a few Tanto techniques, and I'm sure that they were helpful as extensions of the empty handed versions. However, they were described as responses to when you have someone place a knife to your back when you are taking money out of the cashpoint!

I understand that the Sensei was simply trying to add a sense of realism to the class, but I sat there thinking that I would teach a different technique in response to someone who brings out a knife and demands all of your money. I call it:
Give Them your Frickin' Money!
How do you know they won't kill you after you give them your money? Secondly how do you know thats really a knifte they are holding to your back? Could be a pencil.

For me personally, Id risk getting stabbed in the back, than opposed to them holding across my throat. But then again I would never let happen. (Being aware of my surroundings, never choose a shady area to withdraw money from an atm.)

And yes I have been stabbed multiply times before. So I know what it feels like.

Last edited by Pierre Kewcharoen : 12-10-2007 at 07:40 AM.