View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #95
Upyu
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Re: *Tentative* dates for Akuzawa (Aunkai) in Seattle, WA 11/3-11/4

Quote:
David Orange wrote: View Post
Actually, this relates to someone's earlier comment about "inside lines" and "outside lines" of energy.

What I experienced with the fingers pointed inward, toward each other, is that the feeling seems to go down the sides of my body, while, with fingers pointed outward, I feel it coming down into my body. I'm wondering if anyone has noticed that, if it relates to anything they're doing and especially if it relates to the "inside lines" of power and the "outside lines" of power.

Thanks and best to all.

David
David,

You are correct in that pointing the arms in the directions you described separates the inside and outside lines of the body. The feelings your describe sound similar to what should be felt. (I'll inject a caution in that I'd still have to have a feel, since a lot of things can sound similar, but ultimately only hands on time together will determine whether we have stuff in common

The fingers pointing up and outward are an "orthodox" position. After a while how you augment or train the lines within the body is up to each individual.

Good post!

We should be landing in the East Coast sometime soon (read: in less than a year), hopefully you'll be able to make one of the seminars and we can compare notes