View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 AM   #98
Gernot Hassenpflug
Dojo: Aunkai, Tokyo
Japan
Re: Article by Mike Sigman

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote: View Post
Unlike you, I'm nobody. At least I don't have to share my name with a famous Hollywood namesake. But IIRC, he isn't a comedian, and you shouldn't give up your day job just yet.
Heh! You sound like you're making passes at another great movie though...which does have its fair share of genuine comedians :-)

Quote:
Ignatius Teo wrote: View Post
FYI, I was personally and formally invited by the jujitsu sensei to sit on the panel. Have you? How about being invited to stand at the head of a jujitsu class (as someone coming from another art altogether), next to two other jujitsu sensei and bow the class in? And have you ever had a jujitsu 7th dan come up to you after a grading and initiate a bow first, and personally thank you for participating on the grading panel? And I'm nobody...
Let's look on the bright side---despite their high level of perception, they mistook you for someone else LOL
Or, it's heart-warming that such humility is shown by such reputable representatives of the martial arts community, the most likely pass on that great humility along with great knowledge to their students. What more could society ask for?