View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 AM   #18
Angela Dunn
Dojo: Hartlepool/Peterlee/Billingham
England
Re: Newbie thoughts - think back your early years - what comes to your mind?

If you think back your first times in Aikido class, what comes to your mind?
Well my first class was in Feb this year so I have not been at it for that long. However I remember the feeling of OMG I am never going to be able to do that to leaving the first class thinking, Wow that was so cool whens the next class?

What were the things that got you hooked up?
The challenge of doing something new and totally diffrent than what people expected from me, (If people where to class me as anything it would be a theatre geek or bookworm! Big Change for me), the really friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the dojo and well the buzz of actually getting active.

Are they still there or have they changed during years somehow?
Still there, definitly.

When you think about somebody with large amount of muscle mass starting aikido, is there any advice you would like to give?
Remember we don't all have the same amount of strength as you and strength is not everything, esp when doing take downs.

What is the one, the most important thing that aikido brings to your life, if you have to name one?
Wow, *Thinks* just one. Stability and friendship. I know that no-matter what else is going on in my life both good or more than not , not so good I can still go to the dojo and have that time to do something I enjoy for a few hours with people I enjoy being with.