View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #277
bob_stra
Australia
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
I enjoyed the training, but like I said, Peter was very into the competition, so it doesn't really gel with my "philosophy" I really just want to learn techniques to improve my Yoseikan.
You just haven't had enough practice tuning stuff out

I do little things that you're not meant to all the time... (within the bounds of judo, of course). Had I know that was what you were interested, we could have discussed using some of those JJJ techs of yours in newaza. And I'm sure the BJJ guys wouldn't mind either.

It's a good place to train: they go hard but safe. Your only other real option for that level of vigour (and beyond) is UWA....but...yeah: it's rough

There's also some good training at Subiaco PCYC, when there are enough seniors on the mat. I train kata down there on Sundays (which I suspect you'd enjoy) and occassionally do the Thursday class.

Quote:
YOU MENTIONED SOME KAWAISHI PEOPLE!!! PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD REMENTION THEM TO ME! I HAVE KAWAISHI'S BOOKS, THE MAN IS A LEGEND!

Shin kyoku, deep breath...

Regards,
http://www.users.bigpond.com/JISHIN/martial-art.htm

There's also a sambo club down that way, FWIW

What's this thing at ECU? I haven't seen any flyers around campus, although I know of a BJJ/MMA club

Last edited by bob_stra : 09-07-2007 at 12:01 PM.