View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #265
bob_stra
Australia
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Graham Wild wrote: View Post
Okay, my lack of wanting to say I can handle a trained BJJ is only from a lack of ego. I did say I easily handled a black belt in judo, and I will add that I also handled the brown belt that was in the same class, who was training for the sole purpose of competing. My ne waza randori against him resulted in me doing things that were not allowed in judo (to his feet and hands) hence we had to break and start again.
Where was this, please?

Besides which, it's a little disingenuous to say 'handled' when you patiently did things that were outside the scope of that practice session, isn't it? That would be akin to me pulling out a gun and shooting you during Jiyu-Waza.

Quote:
How many times do I need to tell you I train to fight on the ground! Yoseikan Aikido includes the ground fighting from judo. My personal experience of cleaning up a black belt in judo here I Australia, every time on the floor, and then having my arse handed to me by a purple belt Yoseikan Aikidoka in the US, tells me that the ground fighting we do is good.
Same question again.

Mike Fooks: clean up your inbox: I'm trying to send you PM's but they keep bouncing back