View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #219
DonMagee
United_States
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Graham Wild wrote: View Post
I made it quite clear that the requirement to succeed with a "simple" technique is superior awareness. Currently my awareness is good enough to deal with people on depressive drugs, like alcohol, possible a random untrained mugger. Is it good enough for a trained fighter? NO! I never said it was. I said O'Sensei's was, hence the overwhelming success Aikido had when it first spread around the world. I also stated the purpose of Budo is the development of awareness, and consistence hard mindful training cultivates awareness.

The physiological result of a blow to the side of the chin has been proven. Right now, if for some unknown reason I had to defend myself against a BJJer I am going for the choke aswell, because as I said before, in Yoseikan we learn to ground fight.

Regards,
I was not trying to imply anything. I was simply asking what training methods you use to develop this skill. However you bring up an interesting point. Training to fight trained fighters will defiantly allow you to fight untrained fighters. But training for only untrained fighters will only help you fight untrained fighters.

But that is beyond the point. I simply want to know what training methods you use to develop your striking.

- Don
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough" - Albert Einstein