View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #1616
Allen Beebe
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Hi Chris,

Thanks for putting "things" together. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have P.P.$ for you soon. (I'm waiting to get paid.)

I don't "beat" Doug. He likes it too much , makes me feel uncomfortable! BTW, he is a year older today!

My students would probably say: "How do you know when Allen is running off at the mouth? His lips are moving!" Knowing this, I can't be too critical AND I try not to post much.

Some random thoughts relating to this forum:

While I recognize that teaching can lead to self discovery (That is what I do as a profession, along with Budo and Buddhism), as a rule of thumb, I think that it is hard to learn with one's mouth open. Although, intelligent questions and paraphrasing for clarification can be useful.

On the other hand, if it were just one "expert" teaching, there wouldn't be nearly the degree of diversity in exchange. I can see where the Open Forum format leads to both the best and worst sharing of info. I certainly am grateful for the jewels that are shared and try to avoid contributing or encouraging the pits. Having started well before the internet age, I think in many ways the net has improved the field.

~ Allen Beebe