View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #1559
Erick Mead

Dojo: Big Green Drum (W. Florida Aikikai)
United_States
Re: Baseline skillset

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
I already have told you. You weren't listening.... well, more likely the description didn't conjure up the proper image because you were unfamiliar with what I was talking about, which would also happen even if I tried to explain it with very detailed physics.
Try me, please.

Quote:
Mike Sigman wrote: View Post
But regardless, people have seen me do this sort of thing and it's a "trick", but it's a trick that goes exactly according to how I've explained it right here on this forum. No big deal, except it does take some practice and the development of some odd skills. Like any magic trick, it seems impossible until someone shows how it's done.
Oh, well. Magic tricks involve the deliberate concealment of the effective action, i.e. -- lying to the observer. Also known at one time as charlatanism -- that is, portraying something ordinary as something extraordinary to impress or deceive. And you wonder why the likes of Justin take issue. You directly invite it by such comments and the willful misdirection of plain and legitimate questions.

I said "bear hug." Wu Qin Xi works for bears -- doesn't work on snarks. Completely different set of techniques involved there. Snarks are a very different qigong animal.

1550-odd posts in this thread alone. Point to one, please. I will address it in this context. And just as an aside, why is it that you are so down on aikido when you were introduced to this aspect of movement or strength by an aikidoka? Why do we who follow the tradition given us have it so wrong, if it was introduced to you in aikido?

Last edited by Erick Mead : 08-23-2007 at 04:21 PM.

Cordially,

Erick Mead
一隻狗可久里馬房但他也不是馬的.