View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #172
Keith R Lee
United_States
Re: What technique would you apply to neutralize Brazilian Jujitsu attacker

Quote:
Budd Yuhasz wrote: View Post
Keith, I gotta get that Eddie Bravo book. He's made some interesting (hopefully not all chemically altered ) points about combining aspects of no-gi BJJ and Greco-Roman wrestling.
Yeah, JJ Unleashed is good but, "Mastering the Rubber Guard" (which is what I think you're referring to) is unbelievable. It is, unquestionably, the best MA book I have ever seen. High resolution, color photographs; every technique is shot from two angles so there is never any question as to how someone is positioned. Every move is flow-charted out as to how they sync together. A large portion of the book focuses on transitions between positions and a large section is also devoted on how to deal with people when they attempt counters. The book is really an incredible resource, if you want to expand your half-guard/rubber-guard game.

I like the rubber guard stuff, but Eddie's half-guard system has completely changed the way I roll. Being in half-guard (on bottom) has switched from being a defensive position to me, to almost assuredly getting a sweep. It's really great and a lot of it is (as you said) Greco-Roman based. I can't recommend it enough to anyone who is interested in grappling.

Keith Lee